Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Teacha, my fren have stomachack...

So today in my 11th grade mediocre leveled class, they were presenting their biographies on their classmates that they did last week. They love trying to speak so I give many opportunities for them to do so.... anyway about 20 minutes into class a student in the back of the classroom raises her hand... I said "yes?"


"Teacha, my fren have stomachack"
--"oh really...you mean stomachache"
"Yes, she have stomachache, can we go to the toilet" (yes thai girls go to the toilet in pairs, but I make fun of them for doing so..tehe)
--"Which friend?"
(she then points to her friend sitting 2 students away from her, a friend whom in fact has a smile on her face)
--"Your friend has stomachache? but she is smiling"
Another student yells out "Teacha, she take a DUMP"
*Dead*
I try not to laugh; she says again "she take a dump, she take a dump"
There is no way I can contain it now...I crack up laughing as does the entire class..
--"ok, ok, she can go...does anyone want to help her?"


class laughs and ha, whadda ya know...no one wants to go with her....I proceed to tell the young lady good luck...lol.


Next question...who taught them the phrase "to take a dump"?

2 comments:

Kandia said...

LOL....wow teaching overseas sounds like so much fun. I'm still considering it one day, I've always wanted to live somewhere exotic outside the U.S. just never had the nerve to actually do it.

SassyT said...

It is fun, you should do it. I was only here for 5 months, others committed to a year. But I say you should always try something once. So Go for it! It truly is a rewarding experience..

Post a Comment