Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hot, Hotter, Hottest...

...Those are the unofficial seasons in Thailand, as told to me by my students and fellow teachers. On this past Sunday it was terribly hot...for about a week before, we had been experiencing some cool weather...you know high 70's low 80's...and then on Sunday...whammy...it was about 90....That's hot. Today was about 93....still hot. And, I'm not complaining (well I actually am, a lil) since I know people at home are freezing their asses off...but geez... I would like to walk down the block to get a Chai Yen (iced tea) without dripping in sweat. Not cool...literally. Apparently we are in the "hot" season...soon it will be "hotter" then "hottest" which doesn't really make any sense since everyone says April is the hottest month. But technically we are in the "winter" season...yea...winter. ha. I sweat all the time....wear powder EVERYwhere...can't even get a good run..errr jog in cuz its so hot...not to mention that teaching isn't fun in non-air conditioned rooms...
So for all those who are complaining about the cold....all this heat isn't pretty either. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. Well, my grass may be a bit greener but....you know what I mean.

Going to eat some watermelon now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment