Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How do you spell your name??

....So today I had to teach one of my extra classes, the smart class level M1 which translates to 7th grade. We are doing an activity where the students have to describe their favorite thing about Thailand and make an advertisement. So I tell them to make groups of 3....and after I went around asking the kids their names. I always ask how to spell their name because they will say their name is "sherrie" when in fact its "cherry" lol....

...So I ask one student, "and what's your name?" she says "wan" so I say please spell it. She says "we... a- n" Then I say "Oh, your name is "wean" she said "no!"..."we!" "we!" "we!" At this point I'm like what the heck? "We" is not a letter. So then another student notices my frustration and utters something that sounds like the letter "V" ...Oh. Your name is "V-a-n".... Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment