Thursday, February 18, 2010

I didn't think it would be like this.

Life is a rough biography.  Memories smooth out the edges.  ~Dante G. Roque


Today I saw my final class for the last time.......


Hold on let me contain myself. 


So yes, I saw my final class for the last time and I also saw my favorite class for the last time. It sucked. So for the last two weeks in my M5 classes, we have been watching the movie "UP!" (That movie is sooo cute!..we watched in English and I treated them with the Thai subtitles) This week was the last week of classes so we were watching the rest of the movie in some classes, or showing pics of NYC and my friends & family.... and then I would say my goodbyes to the class. 


I was dreading saying my goodbyes to my 5/3 class....granted I loved most all of my M5s...but these were my absolute favorite. I mean, their English wasn't the best, but they tried. They also were learning Chinese at the same time as English...that cannot be easy. I struggled enough learning one language! They always made my time in class fun...they were just an awesome group of students... we would talk outside of class, tell jokes...they taught me some Thai... ::tear::


So in 5/3 I got my courage and stood up in front of the class.... "Okay, class so today is the last day...I told myself I wasn't going to cry...(Ahhh I feel it coming). I just wanna say.....::choked up:: that.....(oh darn here it comes) ::tear-tear-teaaaars:: I'm reallly going to miss you guys.......yadda yadda...you guys are more than students but my friends....


I couldn't do it...I started crying and then in turn they started crying. Then I finished and one of them came to the front and gave me a hug and started to thank me on behalf of the class.... the last thing she said was...there is nothing more I can think to say but "I Love You" ::bring on the waterworks::  Just writing this is making me emotional again.... 


Then at the end of class all of them wanted a hug and "joop joop" (kiss) and told me I'm the reason why they like English now...and they love me and that they hope I never forget them..NEVER!! Some of them are even telling me not go back to America and stay until they graduate...lol.. (that won't be until next March...hmmm... nahhh)


Initially, I came to Thailand because I got laid off and wanted to get away from the bad economy vibes @ home. I always wanted to go to either Thailand or Japan and thought teaching would be a good way to kinda "give back" and be able to travel. I didn't think that I would get so attached to these kids...and them to me. Now I'm sitting in my apartment really sad that I have to leave them...But I know that Memories last a lifetime and these students will always have a place in my heart. 


Who knows...maybe next year I will come back to Thailand with my mom just to see these kids graduate HS. 




Leftovers in their less visible form are called memories.  Stored in the refrigerator of the mind and the cupboard of the heart.  ~Thomas Fuller

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done!!Fun and fullfilling experience. So proud. KISSES

Kandia said...

Awwwww .....I know those are memories you will cherish forever.

Post a Comment