Friday, October 16, 2009

Lesson #1...Skype is the best invention ever!

Sooooo after a lonnnnng day of traveling, I am finally in Bangkok at this really cool Hostel called Lub*D...I have my own room though...I have to move slowly into the world of Hostels... so the first leg of my flight was 15.5 hours...yes 15 hours...how the heck was I on a plane for soo long. WOW...and it seems even longer when there are 5 crying babies; you know, there should be a law that if you have a child under the age of 2, they cannot be on a flight over 6 hours long...that's just cruel. So 15. 5 hours to Hong Kong then 2 hours to Bangkok...my entire body hurts!!

Right now its 11:27 pm on Friday..not sure if I am supposed to be tired or sleepy...I kinda still don't believe that I'm here...I met up with another girl from the program by chance in HK, Tessa...we were in traffic for 2 hours from the airport to the hostel...it seemed as though it really would've been a 1/2 hour commute...I guess the traffic here is no Joke. Bangkok looks really nice and I am looking forward to exploring. We ate at this restaurant that kinda looked like someone's kitchen and dining area...it was REALLY good and cheap! So thank god for Skype!

I have the Skype app on my iTouch...free calls! whoohoo (well as long as I have wireless) but technology is really something else...someone can call me from half-way across the globe and its as if I am next door! So I am thinking that I should probably get some rest and a good shower! :) ciao!

0 comments:

Post a Comment