Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thailand FAQ


So many of you have been asking questions about my trip so I decided to keep most of the frequently asked ones and their responses in one central location. If you have any more, please let me know!


Where exactly will you be teaching?
- I will be teaching at the Sanguan Ying School located in Suphanburi, Thailand. Suphanburi is located about 100 miles east of Bangkok, the capitol city.

Where will you be living?
- I will be living in an apartment close to the school that is centrally located in the province. Information on Suphanburi here: http://www.thailandguidebook.com/central-thailand/suphan-buri/index.php

Why did you decide to teach abroad?
-Well, I had just gotten laid of from American Express and was going on informational interviews at Public Relations firms in DC and NYC. I knew I had always wanted to go back abroad to do some volunteer work and the idea initially was brought to me by someone who worked at APCO Worldwide.

How did you find out about the program?
- I did a lot of research on the Internet. My contact at APCO had originally told me about the J.E.T. program in Japan, however at the time, the application deadline had passed. I had previously studied abroad in Spain with CIEE & knew they had teaching programs. I applied and fortunately I got accepted into their Teach in Thailand Program.

Where can I find more information about CIEE?
- You can visit their website here: www.ciee.org

Is there anything you will need for your trip? Can I help in anyway?
-Thanks & I'm glad you asked! I have actually created a small registry of items that I think will make my experience more comfortable. The registry is located at: http://amzn.com/w/3G43YTS9XEW03 . Your help is greatly appreciated!

What are your contact details while abroad?
- I have not received the full details of my accommodations abroad as yet, when I do, this information will be shared. You can also contact me through Skype and social outlets such as Facebook and this blog. More details will follow.

When are you coming back?
-Tentatively I will be returning to the United States on March 15.

Can I come visit you? Are you planning on visiting other Asian countries?
- All visitors are welcomed! Just let me know in advance! Yes, I am planning on visiting a friend in China & Singapore. I also plan on going to Japan as well (hopefully)..also, I will definitely be traveling around Thailand to visit other participants of the program.

0 comments:

Post a Comment